Easy Peasy Green Pea Soup
This green pea soup recipe has to be the quickest and cheapest I've made. In winter I can live on soups all the time and they are the best to batch cook for week worth of work lunches. This recipe is fresh, filling, cheap and quick as well as Slimming World friendly 🙂
- 1 medium potato, chopped
- 500g bag of frozen green peas
- 350ml hot vegetable or chicken stock
- pepper to taste
- chilli flakes (optional)
- In a medium pan, place the chopped potato in hot vegetable or chicken stock and let it cook until soft (about 12-15 minutes).
- When the potato is cooked, add the frozen peas and wait until boiling point.
- At this stage, you don’t want to overboil your peas. I still like slight crunch to them, therefore I just switch the gas off when potatoes and peas reach boiling point.
- Blend it in the hand blender to your liking, season to taste.
I loved sprinkling some extra chilli flakes on top.